- 1 pork belly from the loin end
- 2 cups salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 gallon iced water
- Applewood chunks
- In a large pot bring to a boil apple cider. Dissolve salt and sugar.
- Move to a very large container and add iced water.
- Once ice has melted and brine is cool enough, insert pork belly.
- Refrigerate for 3 days.
- Remove and place on top of a running box fan for 30 minutes per side.
- Place dry applewood chunks in the firebox of a cold smoker.
- Insert pork belly and smoke for 3-4 hours.
- Remove and place in the freezer for up to 2 hours.
- Slice as thick or as thin as you like and cook or refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.