Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Alfajores are a Latin-American sandwich cookie filled with dulce de leche.
For 40 cookies:
- ½ cup (120 ml) butter
- 1 cup (240 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon rind, grated
- 1½ cup (360 ml) cornstarch
- ½ cup (120 ml) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Dulce de leche
- Cream butter; add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and egg yolks one at a time, beating well. Beat in vanilla and lemon rind.
- Sift together cornstarch, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to batter and mix well.
- Drop batter by small spoonfuls onto well-buttered baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Remove immediately and cool.
- Sandwich the cookies together with dulce de leche.