Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Affogato, or "affogato al caffe", is an Italian preparation consisting of gelato or ice cream topped with espresso.
Variation I – Basic ItalianEdit
- Either pour espresso over gelato and serve, or serve them side by side for diner to mix at the table.
Variation II – New World VersionEdit
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp coffee powder
- 1 tsp brandy
- 1½ tsp sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon powder, for garnishing (optional)
- Place the ice cream in a coffee cup.
- Boil water in a pan, and then add coffee and sugar to it, and then mix well.
- Add brandy to coffee mixture.
- Pour coffee mixture over the ice-cream.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cinnamon powder.