Basic Italian VersionEdit
- 1 scoop gelato, typically vanilla
- 1–2 shots espresso, or one long pull shot
Either pour espresso over gelato and serve or serve them side by side for diner to mix at the table.
New World VersionEdit
- 1 scoop vanilla ice-cream
- 1 tsp coffee powder
- 1 tsp brandy
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder, for garnishing (optional).
- Place the ice-cream in a coffee cup.
- Boil water in a pan, and then add coffee and sugar to it, and then mix well.
- Add brandy.
- Pour it over the ice-cream.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cinnamon powder (optional).