Cookbook:Adult Macaroni and Cheese
| This book is an undeveloped draft or outline.
You can help to develop the work, or you can ask for assistance in the project room.
This dish was made for adults. Instead of just cheddar, we put in Fontina, mascarpone, Gruyere, cream cheese, and Swiss.
- ½ pound (227 g) elbow macaroni
- 6 ounces (170 g) heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) kosher salt, plus more for the water
- ½ cup (120 mL) each grated Fontina, grated Gruyere, mascarpone cheese, and cream cheese
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese, julienned
- 1 ¼ sticks unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) tabasco sauce
- In a gallon (~3.8 L) of salted boiling water, cook macaroni to al dente. Strain into a colander and rinse with cold water.
- While pasta is cooking, in a heavy saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Once bubbling ceases, whisk in flour and cook, whisking continuously, until blonde.
- Add remaining ingredients except butter. Once cheese is melted and sauce is smooth, add 1 tablespoon butter, whisking continuously until melted. Repeat until all butter has been used.
- Gently fold in macaroni and serve warm.