Anatomy and Physiology of Animals
|Anatomy and Physiology of Animals is a featured book on Wikibooks because it contains substantial content, it is well-formatted, and the Wikibooks community has decided to feature it on the main page or in other places. Please continue to improve it and thanks for the great work so far! You can edit its advertisement template.|
Veterinary nurses need to have a firm grasp of the normal structure of an animal’s body and how it functions before they can understand the effect diseases and injuries have and the best ways to treat them.
This book describes the structure of the animal body and the way in which it works. Animals encountered in normal veterinary practice are used as examples where possible. The material is divided into 16 chapters:
- A Glossary gives the meaning of technical terms used in the text.
- There is a "Test Yourself" for each chapter.
- Worksheets are available on WikiEducator.
- WikiVet - a free wiki for veterinary students with a detailed section on anatomy and physiology
- Presentations of the material can be accessed by students of Otago Polytechnic who must use their polytechnic login to gain access.