A-level Physics (Advancing Physics)
Welcome to the Wikibooks textbook on Physics, designed to contain everything you need to know for the OCR Physics B (Advancing Physics) specification . All sorts of useful documents for this specification are available at http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-physics-b-advancing-physics-h159-h559/ .
All units are assumed to be SI units, unless stated otherwise. Diagrams can be enlarged by clicking on them.
Chapters are probably marked as 75% complete () because they are complete, but may require some attention. Please look at these and check them!
Physics in ActionEdit
- Resistance and Conductance
- Internal Resistance
- Potential Dividers
- Resistivity and Conductivity
- What is a wave?
- Standing Waves
- Young's Slits
- Finding the Distance of a Remote Object
Physics in PracticeEdit
Quality of MeasurementEdit
Physics in Use (presentation)Edit
Rise and Fall of the Clockwork UniverseEdit
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Energy in Simple Harmonic Motion
- Conservation of Momentum
- Forces and Impulse in Collisions
- Rockets, Hoses and Machine Guns
- Circular Motion
Field and Particle PhysicsEdit
- The Standard Model
- Millikan's Experiment
- Pair Production and Annihilation
- Particle Accelerators
- Cloud Chambers and Mass Spectrometers