|Goat Cheese Cakes|
Goat Cheese Cakes
- 11 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 (5.2-ounce) package Boursin brand cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces Ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 cup flour, for dredging
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly to make an egg wash
- About 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, Boursin and ricotta cheese. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic, shallot, chives, thyme, basil and tarragon.
- Cook just until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Fold herbs into cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until mixture is firm, at least 30 minutes.
- When cheese mixture is firm, divide it into 8 equal portions and form each portion into a cake about 3/4-inch thick.
- Dredge each cake in flour, then shake off excess flour.
- Dip each cake in egg wash, then into breadcrumbs, covering well on both sides. Set on a wire rack.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Gently add cheese cakes and fry until golden on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on a wire rack.