- 1 What writing system(s) does this language use?
- 2 How many people speak this language?
- 3 Where is this language spoken?
- 4 What is the history of this language?
- 5 Who are some famous authors or poets in this language?
- 6 What are some basic words in this language that I can learn?
- 7 What is a simple song/poem/story that I can learn in this language?
- 8 References
What writing system(s) does this language use?Edit
Ukrainian is written in a version of Cyrillic, consisting of 33 letters, representing 38 phonemes; an apostrophe is also used.
|А а||Б б||В в||Г г||Ґ ґ||Д д||Е е||Є є||Ж ж||З з||И и|
|І і||Ї ї||Й й||К к||Л л||М м||Н н||О о||П п||Р р||С с|
|Т т||У у||Ф ф||Х х||Ц ц||Ч ч||Ш ш||Щ щ||Ь ь||Ю ю||Я я|
How many people speak this language?Edit
37.5 million in Ukraine, and - from 41 million to 45 million in the world in general.
Where is this language spoken?Edit
What is the history of this language?Edit
Taras Shevchenko is the most famous poet in Ukraine.
What are some basic words in this language that I can learn?Edit
- Привіт! - Hello!
- Дякую - Thank you.
- Мене звуть * - My name is *
- Так - Yes
- Ні - No
- Я люблю тебе - I love you
- До побачення! - Good bye!
What is a simple song/poem/story that I can learn in this language?Edit
Introduction • Glossary • Authors and Contributing • Print Version