Wikibooks:Reading room/Administrative Assistance
|General | Proposals | Projects | Featured books||General | Technical | Administrative||Deletion | Undeletion | Import | Permissions|
| To request a rename or usurpation, go to the global request page at Meta here.
Please do not post those requests here!
Welcome to the Administrative Assistance reading room. You can request assistance from administrators for handling a variety of problems here and alert them about problems which may require special actions not normally used during regular content editing. Please be patient as administrators are often quite busy with either their own projects or trying to perform general maintenance and cleanup.
You can deal with most vandalism yourself: fix it, then warn the user. If there is repeated vandalism by one user, lots of vandalism on a single page, or vandalism from many users, tell an admin here, or in #wikibooks (say
!admin to get attention).
For more general questions and assistance that doesn't require an administrator, please use the Assistance Reading Room.
Hi Artix here
If you have noticed, I've been globally locked. It was a good run though. I was falsely accused of sockpuppetry that is being unblocked. An appeal is in t he works for an unblock. Unfortunately, the sock block quickly spiralled out of control as other users decided to hunt across wiki and block me on several other wikis. Thus it was proper for a lock by a steward, as it was not worth continuing as a user with this username.
Much thanks to several users who made my time on wikibooks awesome. Shoutout to Atcovi, Pi zero, and QuiteUnusual for being friendly people and helpful to my enrichment. It was awesome editing the articles for the Guide to the Lord of the Rings and the Inheritance Cycle. Some day perhaps, I will come back and finish those books. Cheers. It was a pleasure.
Duplicated sentences from different IP ranges
Consequently to User_talk:大诺史#Rollback_to_unseen_vandalism_by_220.127.116.11, I've noticed that we are now attacked for several days by IPs which duplicate and reformat some paragraphs into some of our page. For example:
Hi admins, now another page is attacked: NES Programming
By these IPs
- In unwinding those edits and dealing out blocks, I also addressed
- --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 12:10, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- +1 @ 2401:4900:331F:6A32:1:2:5ACD:E999. 大诺史 (Talk/留言/토론/Discussion) 08:41, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
- @Pi zero: +2 @ 2401:4900:3360:3253:1:0:33CC:576D & 2401:4900:3360:3253:1:0:3422:F1D. 大诺史 (Talk/留言/토론/Discussion) 14:14, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
- +1 18.104.22.168. 大诺史 (Talk/留言/토론/Discussion)
- @Pi zero: +1 @ 22.214.171.124. 大诺史 (Talk/留言/토론/Discussion) 13:59, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
- +4. 大诺史 (Talk/留言/토론/Discussion) 14:50, 6 October 2019 (UTC)
- +1. 大诺史 (Talk/留言/토론/Discussion) 16:42, 11 October 2019 (UTC)
- They're back again as User:126.96.36.199. --Jules (Mrjulesd) 21:48, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
- Well I can't rollback many of their edits as they are mostly creating new talk pages. Special:Contribs/188.8.131.52. Just need to be blocked and their new page contributions deleted by someone with the necessary tools. --Jules (Mrjulesd) 21:59, 4 November 2019 (UTC)