The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Sea of No Return and Ancient Tomb
When Link comes out of Jabu-Jabu's belly, the Maku Tree reveals (during Zelda's age) that she is unable to sense the last Essence of Time. Check the map during both ages: all is left to explore are the inner part of the Sea of Storm and, during Ambi's age only, a large area east from Lynna Village. The conclusion is obvious.
|Optional items:||Plot items:||Dungeon items:|
As soon as you leave Jabu-Jabu's shrine, a Zora grants you the File:Zelda Oracles ZoraScale.png Zora Scale, a badge of heroism for all the Zoras.
Before the next quest edit
In Lynna Village, visit the mayor's house. Use the L-2 Switch Hook to get a File:Zelda Oracles Ring 27.png Green Luck Ring.
- Linked game
- Hero's cave
(If you already cleared Oracle of Seasons and linked to this game)
During Zelda's age, enter the cave just south-west of the Maku Tree. The Hero's Cave can only be completed after you collected the treasures from seven dungeons. File:Zelda Oracles Power Bracelet.png File:Zelda Oracles Rocs Feather.png File:Zelda Oracles Seed Shooter.png File:Zelda Oracles Switch Hook.png File:Zelda Oracles Switch Hook.png File:Zelda Oracles Cane of Somaria.png File:Zelda Oracles Mermaid Suit.png
Every room is a different puzzle with a single exit door. This is very reminiscent of the Eggerland series.
- File:Zelda Oracles Seed Satchel.png Drop two Ember Seeds on the fireplaces; the door will then open.
- Push some red blocks by one tile, then push the two pots all the way to the two buttons; a chest with the 1st File:Zelda Oracles Small Key.png small key will appear, and you can then unlock the door.
- File:Zelda Oracles Bomb.png Use Pegasus seed and Roc's feather to jump over the gap; destroy the pots and push some red blocks to get to the south wall; throw a bomb to destroy the cracked block; turn around, push a red block, then the blue statue on the button. A chest with the 2nd File:Zelda Oracles Small Key.png small key will appear, and you can then unlock the door.
- File:Zelda Oracles Seed Shooter.png Equip the Seed Shooter and the Seed Satchel with Pegasus seeds. Get close to the north bridge. Use a Pegasus seed and shoot diagonally at the switch; quickly, run across the bridge before it disappears. Now cross the second bridge, open the chest and get the 3rd File:Zelda Oracles Small Key.png small key. Push one red block, then use the key to open the door.
- File:Zelda Oracles Seed Shooter.png First of all, defeat all enemies. In order to make the chest appear, you should open the eye of all the four statues at the same time. Equip the Seed Shooter and the Seed Satchel. Stand near one statue. Shoot one seed diagonally so that it hits and bounces on three statues, and in the meanwhile drop another seed on the last statue. The chest hold a File:Zelda Oracles Gasha Seed.png Gasha seed, but a teleport will also appear when you open it.
- File:Zelda Oracles Rocs Feather.png Equip the Roc's feather and push the statues so that they make a copy of the left structure to the right. You are one blue short, right? Just borrow it from the other side! The chest with the 4th File:Zelda Oracles Small Key.png small key will appear, and you can then unlock the door.
- File:Zelda Oracles Switch Hook.png Optional room: you can skip to the next. First, push the left pot down one tile, then shoot the Long Hook to the other one. Push the red blocks to the right of the button, then press it. Use the Long Hook to get out and reach the chest. It holds 200 Rupees!
- File:Zelda Oracles Switch Hook.png Use Pegasus seed and Roc's feather to jump over the gap. You have to move the blue statues onto the blue tiles. South statue: switch with the diamond between the statue and its tile; get out by switching with the other diamond; turn around, switch with the diamond in your way so that it gets in the passage corner (just "above" the other diamond), then push the statue in place; get out by jumping into the hole (you lose half a heart). East statue: switch with the diamond until it is in the north-east corner, just north of the blue tile; push the statue next to the diamond; switch with the diamond and push the statue in place. The 5th File:Zelda Oracles Small Key.png small key will fall from above, and you can unlock the door.
- File:Zelda Oracles Cane of Somaria.png Reaching the left button is easy: from the north, push two buttons south and the middle one sideways. Press the button and make the bridge appear. For the second button, push a red block from the south, then use the Cane of Somaria over the red block. Combine Pegasus seeds and Roc's feather to reach the chest. It holds a File:Zelda Oracles Gasha Seed.png Gasha seed, and it makes another teleporter appear. Push a red block from north to south and proceed, or use the teleporter to leave the dungeon.
- File:Zelda Oracles Cane of Somaria.png A tile-path puzzle room. Whatever you do, one blue tile will be left; just cover it with the Cane of Somaria. The 6th File:Zelda Oracles Small Key.png small key will fall from above, and you can unlock the door.
- File:Zelda Oracles Switch Hook.png Dive in the deep water. When you emerge on the other side, hit the crystal, so you can pass the lowered blue barrier; push the pot right, north a bit, then all the way south. Hit the crystal again and stand on the lowered red barrier; throw a bomb to hit the crystal again; pass the lowered blue barrier and press the button. Use the Switch Hook on the two pots to backtrack (the Mermaid Suit would reset the puzzle). Open the chest for the 7th File:Zelda Oracles Small Key.png small key, and use it to unlock the key block.
- File:Zelda Oracles Mermaid Suit.png The Mermaid Suit is necessary here to swim underwater. Use the Long Hook to reach the puzzle in the north-west corner. The puzzle is less easy that what it seems, because of the narrow room. Using the Switch Hook, move one diamond out south of the small area. Poistion the other three on the N-E-W buttons; if you are cornered, just do it in two steps: switch with a diamond beyond the button, then position Link on the button and switch again. Eventually, switch with the diamond you moved out south. The chest with the 8th File:Zelda Oracles Small Key.png small key will appear, and you can then unlock the key block. NOTE: if you need to backtrack (to change magic rings, see below) it is impossible to do it underwater, but you can push some red block in the room above.
- File:Zelda Oracles Power Bracelet.png Equip the Power Bracelet and the Roc's Feather. Jump over the lava and pull the lever. Push the color cube on the blue tile; the tile becomes yellow. Repeatedly pull the lever and move the cube a while towards the yellow tile, making sure you leave the cube on safe terrain. Throw bombs to destroy the two cracked blocks. Again, epeatedly pull the lever and move the cube a while towards the red tile, making sure you leave the cube on safe terrain. When you succeed, a staircase will appear.
- File:Zelda Oracles Cane of Somaria.pngFile:Zelda Oracles Rocs Feather.png First, use the Boomerang to defeat the Spark from the central blocks. Then, use the Roc's feather to jump from above in the alcove. Third, use the Long Hook to switch with the pot. Optional: in order to get the 200 Rupees, combine Roc's Feather and Cane of Somaria: jump and create a block under Link.
- Ring 19Ring 35 Ride the cart, open the chest and get a File:Zelda Oracles Gasha Seed.png Gasha seed. Now throw a bomb from north to south and destroy the cracked block; the Toss Ring (n.19) makes it very easy; make Link stand north of the cart. Use the Long Hook to switch with the diamond behind the former block. Equip the Roc's ring (n.35), then combine Pegasus seeds and Roc's feather to jump over the gaps.
- File:Zelda Oracles Sword L3.png All you have to do here is to defeat all the enemies. Pay attention to the Wallmasters! When all monsters have been defeated, the stairs to the chest will appear.
You can now claim the File:Zelda Oracles Ring 07.png Armor Ring L-3!
Sea of No Return edit
The File:Zelda Oracles Ring 36.png Quicksand ring (n.36) will be useful in the dungeon. If you are playing a linked game, the File:Zelda Oracles Ring 34.png Snowshoe ring (n.34) and File:Zelda Oracles Ring 09.png Blue ring (n.09) can be useful, too.
Sea of Storms edit
|width=35% |title=Linked game: Zelda's age
|contents=(If you already cleared Oracle of Seasons and linked to this game)
In a Linked Game, Link will access the Sea of Storms during Zelda's age, instead of Ambi's age. During this age, you can find a Gasha seed and a class-5 Gasha Spot. Furthermore, the skeleton Piratians are now sailing during Zelda's age, instead of Ambi's age; they will still give you the Tokay Eyeball.
Thanks to the Zora Scale, you will be allowed to access the Sea of Storms during Ambi's age. Find a File:Zelda Oracles Ring 18.png Pegasus Ring underwater, as well as the File:Zelda Oracles TokayEyeball.png Tokay Eyeball, that is on the pirate ship.
- NOTE: In a normal game, it is impossible to get inside the Sea of Storms during Zelda's age.
Moonlit Cave edit
Travel to the Moonlit Cave during Ambi's age. The Tokay Eyeball is the key to open its mouth. Inside, your Power, Courage and Wisdom will be tested in three rooms.
- Room of Power: simply defeat all the Gibdo mummies.
- Room of Courage: make the Spinning Blade Trap follow Link to a corner where it will become harmless, then jump over it; dodge the blue Blade Trap; use shield and sword to get past the Hardhat Beetles.
- Room of Wisdom: the cane of Somaria can reveal where safe floor is.
After the three tests, an underwater passage leads to the entrance of the Sea of No Return.
Sea of No Return edit
Emerge from the water, and push one statue so that the three are aligned; the entrance to the Sea of No Return will then be revealed.
Even if it looks like a complicated maze, the dead-ends are short, so that it is actually a windy path. Orienteering is secondary: the main difficulty here are the Lynel centaurs. Navigate the path, and you will eventually reach the entrance to the Ancient Tomb.
- NOTE: the Harp of Ages is unable to transfer Link between the Sea of No Return and Yoll Graveyard.
Ancient Tomb edit
Dungeon, part 1 edit
The first room is empty, as usual. In the next one, light the fireplaces with Ember Seeds, but apparently there is no exit; the Owl Statue suggests to test the walls with the sword. Check the map: there should be a passage on the west wall; push a statue, and place a bomb to open the way. More bombs allow to reach the chest with the 1st File:Zelda Oracles Small Key.png Small Key. Use it to open the door and proceed.
In the next room, activate four switches in four different ways: shoot an Ember Seed on the brazier, use the Long Hook to move the diamond on a button, use the cane of Somaria to press another button, and stand on the last button. The passage to the lower floor will then open. Downstairs, follow the only possible path. In the room with Ghini ghosts, push the central block to reveal a staircase. Descend it, and you can get the File:Zelda Oracles Dungeon Map.png Dungeon Map.
Return to the previous floor and continue along the only path, to the north. Open the chest for the 2nd File:Zelda Oracles Small Key.png Small Key.
Backtrack to the first room of this floor, and use the key to unlock the key block. Continue along the path. The room with the Ghinis has two exits: north and west. Go north first, and hit the blue crystal: all blue barriers will go down and the red ones will rise. Backtrack and take the west fork. Now the chest is accessible; open it and claim the File:Zelda Oracles Compass.png Compass.
Now that the blue barriers are down, backtrack all the way to the north-west and continue. Defeat all the Stalfos skeletons and claim the 3rd File:Zelda Oracles Small Key.png Small Key.
Continue south. Press the button to make a stair appear. The wheel sends you west again, so take a little tour around and come back from the north to go east. There is a locked door north, but for the moment keep exploring this floor; go south, enter the wheel to go west, take a tour and re-enter the wheel to go east. Another locked door leads to a tile-path puzzle room. When you solve it, you can claim the File:Zelda Oracles Power Bracelet2.png Power Glove, that is the L-2 upgrade for the Power Bracelet.
Backtrack to the first room of this floor and continue east. Get in the two wheels repeatedly, until the southern one sends you south. From the Ghini room, go north and hit the red crystal: the red barriers will go down. Take a tour south and walk on the "red barrier passage" that is now open. Use the Power glove to lift the blue coffin and open the chest for a File:Zelda Oracles Gasha Seed.png Gasha seed.
Bomb the cracked south wall and proceed (the blue block must be pushed sideways, later). Only the combination of Pegasus seeds and Roc's feather allows to dodge all the blade traps. Open the chest and get the 4th File:Zelda Oracles Small Key.png Small Key.
Now you can access the last three rooms on this floor (check you map). The Long Hook allows for some shortcut. In the first room beyond the locked door, use the Power Glove to open the way. In the last room, stand on the lowered red barriers and hit the nearby crystal any way you like. Now, walk on the red "highway", jump with the Roc's feather, and continue all the way west to the staircase down. Follow the only possible path, and you will reach the miniboss.
Miniboss: Big Stalfos edit
The Big Stalfos reminds a bit of the final boss in the previous dungeon: it must be damaged by its own projectiles. This time, use the sword and "play tennis", i.e. send back the magic spheres. When the Big Stalfos gets hit, it turns temporarily into a winged skull, that is vulnerable to your regular sword attacks.
Dungeon, part 2 edit
Leave the mini-boss room to the south, then continue west. This room has two exits; check the map: let us complete the north-west portion of the floor first, so let us go west. Follow the only possible path, using the switch hook. In the Spinning Blade Traps room, equip the Roc's feather and jump over them. Open the chest and get the 5th File:Zelda Oracles Small Key.png Small Key. In the next room, open the chest and get the 1st File:Zelda Oracles 4StoneTablets.png Stone Tablet.
Leave this room to the south, pass through the empty mini-boss room, then at the fork go south. This "room of the seal" has two exits, too; check the map: let us explore the smallest portion of the floor first, so let us go west. In the lava room, ignore the lever (it opens a path that simply brings you back), but use the 5th small key to unlock the keyhole block and continue west. Eventually, you will reach the room with the 2nd File:Zelda Oracles 4StoneTablets.png Stone Tablet.
Leave the 2nd tablet room to the north and continue east (if you jump off the ledge in the lava room, you simply go back). Use the Power Glove to lift the blue coffins: find the staircase and go downstairs. To your left, push the blue blocks and use the Switch Hook to reach the chest with the File:Zelda Oracles Boss Key.png Boss Key. Continue east, climb the stairs, push the coor cube on the traffic light spot and open the passage. Backtrack to the four coffins room and continue east and ride the cart. In the next room, use the shield to parry all the flying tiles, then open the chest for a File:Zelda Oracles Gasha Seed.png Gasha seed. In the next room, equip the Roc's feather and dodge all the Blade Traps. Step on the button, and a new passage will open. Continue and eventually you will reach the 3rd File:Zelda Oracles 4StoneTablets.png Stone Tablet.
Leave the 3rd tablet room riding two carts, then continue north. The Candleheads can only be defeated with Ember seeds. In the next room, climb the stairs and prepare for an underwater session. The Owl Statue gives a hint about the stone tablets. Equip the Quicksand ring, if you have it, and navigate the underwater currents. Descend the stairs, go west, then emerge in the room with the 4th File:Zelda Oracles 4StoneTablets.png Stone Tablet.
Leave the 4th tablet room, but this time explore the "platform passage" all the way west. When you emerge, press the nearby button, then go west and south to the "room of the seal". Insert the four stone tablet in the four slots, and the gate will open. Descend to the bottom floor. Four items will clear the way to the boss room: remove the crystal, bomb the cracked block, light the brazier with an Ember seed, and finally lift the coffin with the power glove. It is time to fight the boss!
Boss: Ramrock edit
- Phase 1: use the sword and "play tennis" with the fists. Stand in the middle, just below the boss path, and just keep swinging the sword.
- Phase 2: let the boss clasp some bombs; you might have to sacrifice some heart-points.
- Phase 3: Ramrock's shields are impervious to any attack; use the Seed Shooter to hit it from behind, making seeds bounce on the back wall.
- Phase 4: you can finally use the Power Glove! Also equip the cane of Somaria; use the latter to defend from Ramrock's "punches", and the Power Glove to pull and release the second iron ball. Stay just below Ramrock, walk down when it attacks, place one block of Somaria under the ball it threw and pulled (to block it), then pull the other ball.
Every phase has three hit points.
- "The eternal light of this heavenly body acts as guide to the other essences."
(Actually, the light of a falling star is far from eternal: it lasts less than a second, then the heavenly body is completely destroyed.)