File:SMB2j Standard End Map.png
- This is the standard ending to numerous underground and underwater levels.
- The hidden blocks near the flagpole will give you a boost. Jump up to the top block, then grab the pole for some easy 5,000 points.
Coin Room A
File:SMB2j Coin Room A.png
- A Poison Mushroom is easily accessible, and should be avoided.
- Create a platform to the real Power-Up in the ceiling by revealing two hidden Coin Blocks. For a Mushroom, you need to make it rebound by hitting the right brick.
Coin Room B
File:SMB2j Coin Room B.png
- The coin line is a total of 16 coins in length. You have plenty of room to dash and crouch to reach them, but watch out for Bullet Bill!
- If you are big, you can reach the 10-Coin Block from the middle of the three high blocks just before the pipe.
Coin Room C
File:SMB2j Coin Room C.png
- It's a tight squeeze in this room if you're super-sized. You will need to dash and crouch to reach the four coins underneath.
- You need to be super-sized to be able to reach the 10-coin Block.
Coin Room D
File:SMB2j Coin Room D.png
- It's a real challenge to get coins or a Power-up in this Coin Room. If you are super-sized, you can break through the bricks for a Fire Flower. If you are Luigi, you can jump from the right without dashing for either Power-up.
- But if you are regular-sized Mario, you will need to dash right and jump left from the pipe.
- Either way if you are small, it will be a Mushroom and you will need to make it rebound by hitting the right brick.
Coin Room E
File:SMB2j Coin Room E.png
- The coin line is a total of 16 coins in length.
- If you are big, you can break the bricks closest to the exit and unveil a 10 coin block.
Coin Room F
File:SMB2j Coin Room F.png
- Collect the coins here by jumping carefully. If you aren't careful, you may end up becoming Piranha Plant food.
Coin Room G
File:SMB2j Coin Room G.png
- The Power-Up in this Coin Room is boxed in by bricks. If your hero is small, it is unreachable, and you can only reach six of the coins.
- Watch out for that Poison Mushroom on the right, although it is boxed in by the same bricks.
Coin Room H
Coin Room I
File:SMB2j Coin Room I.png
- After your pint-sized plumber pops the Power-Up, hit the brick to the right so that he can collect it.
- Once you're bigger, smash one side (not the bottom middle brick) of the block cluster and hit the top middle block to reveal a 10 coin block.
Coin Heaven A
File:SMB2j Coin Heaven A.png
- The brick wall is too long to jump over it. You'll have to hop off the platform in order to continue on with the platform on the other side.
- Though, there is a glitch that allows to walk through the brick wall by holding Left on the D-Pad while the moving platform is passing by the wall. This can also be done in the cloudy platform amidst the level.
- This Heaven has a 73 coin potential and is generally found in Worlds 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Coin Heaven B
File:SMB2j Coin Heaven B.png
- Hop on the platform and grab as many coins as possible, then drop down and leap over the clouds while collecting more.
- After you're done jumping the cloud-hurdles, hop on the platform and jump more clouds while grabbing coins.
- You'll encounter a higher row of clouds (there are a few small gaps in the row). Run across it. You can run right over the gaps.
- This Heaven has a 77 coin potential, but Mario won't be able to reach all of them.
Coin Heaven C
File:SMB2j Coin Heaven C.png
- Hop on the platform, grab coins, drop down, then grab more coins, and repeat the process until the level ends.
- This Heaven has a 55 coin potential, but Mario won't be able to reach all of them.
- In the exclusive Worlds A, B, C and D, this is the only type of Coin Heaven seen.
Swim Area A
File:SMB2j Swim Area A.png
- Swim around and grab the coins, but try not to get cornered by the Bloopers or the Buzzy Beetles. If you are Fire Mario, you can blast the Bloopers away.
- You can not jump on or even use fireballs against the Buzzy Beetles. You can only swim over them.
- Make sure the Blooper guarding the exit pipe doesn't chase you into the pit.
- This Swim Area has 40 coins total.
Swim Area B
|Note to All-Stars players
|In the original game, this area has a 50 coin potential. However, in All-Stars - The Lost Levels, the last 16 coins are missing. Fortunately, there is actually ground underneath instead of a whirlpool drain.
File:SMB2j Swim Area B.png
- Be careful around the Koopa and the Bloopers. Once again, avoid being cornered or chased into a pit, and if you have a Fire Flower, use it.
- When you reach the exit, wait for the Koopa Paratroopa to float down toward the pit, or blast it with fireballs.
Warp Zone A
File:SMB2j Warp Zone A.png
- Don't fall, or you will lose a life. Stock up on all 17 coins. If the Warp Zone backtracks to an earlier level, there is no suicide pit. Just wait for the time to run out.
Warp Zone B
File:SMB2j Warp Zone B.png
- This type of Warp Zone is very convenient, because if the pipe leads to a previous World, you can jump into the pit to the left to avoid being sent back.
Warp Zone C
File:SMB2j WorldA-3 D.png
- This type of Warp Zone appears only in Worlds A and B, which takes you to either World C (if accessed through World A-3) or World D (if accessed through World B-4), both being at the very end of their respective levels.