| A reader requests expansion of this book to include more material.
You can help by adding new material (learn how) or ask for assistance in the reading room.
Podcasting is the so-called syndicated publishing or distribution of audio or video programmes on to the Internet. Podcasts are easy to create as all you require is a name, microphone/headphones, a topic, and a laptop or a phone you could utilize to edit your podcast then record. Podcasts are in MP3, MPEG or a similar file format. Podcast producers make their programmes available with RSS feeds, a tool that allows listeners to select programmes they wish to download or to set the software to automatically download innovative programmes as they become available.
Podcasting for listenersEdit
Listening to podcasts is easy and enjoyable. You can listen to any topic, at any time of the morning, day, or night, 24/7. But to listen to a podcast, you need to be able to find them. Locating podcasts by relevant topics is done through Podcast Directories.
- The Guide to Free Podcasting How to podcast using free tools explained.
- Guide to Podcasting for windows Users Using Free/Libre and open source software.
- Apple's "tech specs" for podcasting with iTunes
- Directory of Podcasts
- Apple's Fall 2005 Podcast Creation Guide
- Podcasting at Wikiversity
- PoducateMe Podcasting Guide