This Guide will be a walkthrough for the encoding and muxing of an 4th- & 5th-generation iPod touch, iPhone 4, or iPad 1st generation & 2 compatible file from a video file. This guide is for use by anyone, newbie or advanced user. This Guide assumes that you know how to create an AVS script and calculate video bitrate. If you do not know how to create an Avisynth script then go here. If you do not know how to calculate video bitrate then go here.
- Setting up the required programs
- Encoding the audio, which involves encoding the audio to meet acceptable iPod standards.
- Encoding the video, which involves encoding the video correctly with x264.
- Muxing the resulted streams into an mp4 file to be imported to iTunes.
It does not cover:
- More than one Video or Audio Stream.
- 5.1 Audio