Korean/Dates and times< Korean
In Korean, time is expressed like "Now is...". So one would say "지금은 여섯시 입니다" to express "It is six o'clock." The "지금은" means "now is," the "여섯시" means "six o'clock," and the "입니다" means roughly "it is/be."
- 지금 몇 시에요? (jigeum myeot sieyo?)
- What is the time now?
- 지금 7시에요. (jigeum 7sieyo.)
- It's 7 o'clock right now.
- 지금 2시 30분입니다. (jigeum 2si 30bunimnida.)
- It's 2:30 right now.
- 지금 4시 반입니다. (jigeum 4si banimnida.)
- It's 4:30 right now.
- 지금 (只今), 현재 (現在): now, at present
- 몇: how many
- 시 (時): hour
- 분 (分): minute
- 반 (半): half [an hour]