The measurement module provides a common framework for all programs which solely read a sensor (or several sensors) and report the result. Programs using this module therefore accept the same command line options to specify
- the interval between two measurements (-w US)
- the number of measurements to be taken (-r N or just -r for continuous measurements)
- whether to print the results
- right after measuring (default)
- at the end (-f)
- not at all (-F)
Check out the source code of the battery program for an example.
This module controls the main program flow and requires only two hook functions:
- A hook function take one measurement (hook_measure)
- A hook function to print one measurement (hook_print)
Furthermore, an array for storing intermediate measurement must be provided.