|amount||1, more to show how it works in case the group doesn't already know the game|
|space||free space, preferably outdoors|
|time||up to 15 min|
|energizer, game for breaks|
The activity Squirrel-Tree-Earthquake (Deutsch: Eichhörnchen-Baum-Erdbeben, română: Veveriță-Copac-Cutremur, español: Ardilla-Arbol-Terremoto) is part of the collection of interlingual energizers. See a list of all activities.
Let's play a game about squirrels, trees and earthquakes.
Vamos a jugar un juego de Ardillas, Arboles y Terremotos!
Lasst uns ein Spiel mit Eichhörnchen, Bäumen und Erdbeben spielen.
- Please stand in a circle. I'll stay in the middle.
- I'll split you into two groups. (The group should be divisible by 3 + one facilitator. One third of the group is going to squirrels, the others trees. You can for example point at the participants and say "squirrel" or "tree").
- Please organize yourself in groups of one squirrel and two trees. The trees are building a house for the squirrel.
- I'll now say either "squirrel", "tree" or "earthquake".
- When I say "squirrel", the squirrels change places.
- When I say "tree", the trees change places.
- When I say "earthquake", everybody changes places and tries to find build new houses.
- The person in the middle tries to get into the circle.
- Now you (the new person in the middle) will say either "squirrel", "tree" or "earthquake".