Interlingual Energizers/Magic Objects
|amount||1, several for unexperienced groups|
|materials||an object which can be used in several ways (e.g. a plastic back, a stick, a rope, a piece of paper)|
|space||free space, either outdoors or indoors|
|encourages creativity, acting out pantomimes, introduction to theatre|
The introduction is also available in 1 other languages: Deutsch
This game is about acting. An actress or an actor has to use her or his imagination to create a story out of the things around her/him. The things around as are not items which can be used in a single way, but they can have many different purposes.
In diesem Spiel geht es ums Schauspielen. Eine Schauspielerin oder ein Schauspiel muss ihre oder seine Vorstellungskraft benutzen, um aus den Sachen um uns herum eine Geschichte zu machen. Die Dinge in unserer Umgebung sind nämlich nicht nur Dinge, sondern Sachen, die man auf viele verschiedene Weisen benutzen kann.
The rules is also available in 1 other languages: Deutsch
- Let's stand in a circle.
- Who ever has an idea goes in the middle, takes the object and shows us how one can use it. You are not allowed to use your voice.
- The others guess what she or he wants to show us.
- The first person who guesses goes in the middle.
- I'll show you an example.
- You can use this game for teaching words in a foreign language to the participants. You can introduce the rule that only a certain language can be used or that they not only have to say the name of the object but build complete sentences including the name and the action.
- You can bring two or more objects and make the participants interact with each other.