Hobo tourism/African Robbery
African robbery is an incident that happened to Viktor Pinchuk on the last day of a six-month expedition, a few hours before returning to homeland.
On 19 April 2018, around 10:00 am, shortly before fly from O. R. Tambo International Airport, a Russian traveler was attacked by a criminal group. The intruders acted in a coordinated and fast manner. One of the three attackers, with a sharp grip from the back by mechanical action on the carotid sinus of the corresponding artery in 2-3 seconds, caused the victim to become unconscious. After that, the two accomplices, lightning withdrawing the camera from under the jacket, and from the upper (accessible) pockets a small amount of money, disappeared with the leader. The action took place on the main street of Johannesburg — Commissioner Street, near the Center skyscraper, in front of numerous passers-by.
General information edit
- Location: Johannesburg (South Africa).
- Date: 19. 04. 2018, approx. 10:00 a.m.
- Geographical coordinates: 26°12'18.3031"S, 28°2'44.9689"E
- Number of attackers: 3 (three).
- Losses: footage, camera, a small amount of money.
Analysis of the situation edit
Why did the above happen on the last day of the trip, and not at any of the others, when potential subject of attention criminals would daily walk at the dark on foot to the outskirts of Johannesburg, where he lived, renting two square meters on the floor? Apparently, the reason is that the traveler, ten minutes before the attack, visited two exchange offices, trying to get rid the rest of the unnecessary rands already. The robbers watched the actions of the "ward"; after leaving the exchang point, when the alleged victim, turning to the facade of the building, shifted money into the upper pocket, they decided to attack: it was from this pocket that the contents were taken away, while the others remained intact.
Sinister "prophecy" edit
On April 12, 2018, exactly one week before the incident, when addressing about overnight staying in the police station of the small village of Leroro, traveler was placed in the Remmogo victim support center, which as if have predetermined subsequent events.
Recommendations for those planning to visit South Africa edit
Johannesburg and Pretoria pose the greatest danger to any traveller with white skin. Should be careful when you’re here.
- You can not go through the streets with a backpack, especially the big ones — it will give you a visitor, and therefore - having money.
- It is desirable to look like a hobo or a homeless, focusing on this image.
- The money should be divided into two parts, leaving the necessary daily supply at hand, and the rest — to hide as far away as possible.
- Small towns are not dangerous, you can feel relatively safe here.
Materials in Wikisource project edit
- Viktor Pinchuk "African style robbery"