The Gujarati language is an Indo-European language spoken in Gujarat, a state in Western India, and in many countries where Indians have emigrated. It is written from left to right with a specific alphabet similar to Devanagari, which is used to write Hindi and Sanskrit. This alphabet is in fact an abugida of 47 characters. Gujarati is a phonetic language with very few exceptions.
- Sentence structure
- Gujarati Lexicon. Online dictionary and thesaurus.
- Gujarati on Omniglot. Thorough explanation of writing system with excellent chart.
- Teach Yourself Gujarati by Professor Rachel Dwyer. Excellent all-round textbook. Audio accompaniment part 1  and part 2 . From 1995.
- A Simplified Grammar of the Gujarati Language. Detailed and accurate grammar. From 1892.
- Basic Guide for Gujarati Language. Helpful words and phrases.
- Pustakalay sahitya, a reading library with Gujarati books for download.