Guide to Game Development
This is a guide that should help you on your way to becoming a game developer, no matter what which path you want to take. This book should either help you through each aspect, or redirect you to a place that can. This book has been designed to be 'straight' and 'to the point' to allow you to make the most of your time. If you have found a section of the book that's lacking and you feel like you know enough to write about it, feel free to edit it, it will also help you get a better understanding of the topic.
- An introduction about me, the book and how it can help you.
- The theory, logic, mathematics and understand behind how a game works.
- The platform that the game is going to be developed for.
- The tool/framework/engine that you're going to use to create the game.
- The programming languages that are going to be used to create the games.
- The data file types used for storing information about the game.
- The creation of effective appealing graphics and textures for games.
- The creation of 3D models used for characters, terrain and more!
- The music and sound effects that will accompany the game.
- Connecting your game to the internet and to other players
- All the items that could be added into a game settings menu.
- The legal and publishing side of game development.
- All other subjects related to game development.