Current Development edit
Downloadable and Print Versions edit
Lessons Information edit
- If a lesson is added or the name of an existing lesson is changed, please update:
- It is not necessary to update these versions if the sections within these main lesson pages are altered.
- Others (add your name and thoughts here if you are a serious contributor)
- Other anonymous Wikibook contributors (see individual page histories).
- Numerous other Wikibooks contributors, especially those from the German Wikibooks.
The German-English language textbook was started in October 2003. It was one of the first language textbooks at the English version of Wikibooks, following close on the heels of (and borrowing some layout ideas from) the Spanish language textbook then under development by Thomas Strohmann. Eric Guinther designed the cover and contents pages, expanding on a cover layout used for the Spanish textbook, and these ideas as introductions to language books have since been widely copied at Wikibooks (see Dutch, Norwegian, or Romanian for examples). However since then Hagindaz and German Men92 have established a highly templated style. Unfortunately, some of the plans of the latter have never been implemented, leaving the original Level II lessons inaccessible for several years while the Level I lessons contained too much vocabulary and grammar details to be very useful.