Usage of the Past ImperativeEdit
- Aie écrit ce rapport demain - Have this report written tomorrow.
- Soyez partis à midi - Leave / be gone by noon.
- Ayons fini les devoirs à 7h00 - Let's have our homework finished by 7h00.
Formation of the Past ImperativeEdit
- The impératif passé is a compound tense- it consists of two verbs, the auxiliary verb and the past participle of the verb one seeks to use in this tense.
- The auxiliary verb is conjugated as if it were being used in the present imperative.
- The past participle is added immediately after the auxiliary verb.
- A negative structure such as ne ... pas is always placed around the auxiliary verb, immediately before the past participle.