Cookbook:Yam and Spicy Egg Sauce
Yam and egg sauce is a Nigerian delicacy enjoyed by every tribe in Nigeria. It can be eaten as breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Egg sauce can be served with fried yam or the boiled one and is found to contain calcium and Vitamins (A and C)
- Yam, peeled
- Cut the yam to your desired shape. Please note the cutting for boiled and fried are different. Fried has a more light cutting compared to boiling.
- Either boil the yam in salted water until tender OR salt the yam and fry in groundnut oil until golden brown.
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chile, and onions. Fry for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add salt and seasoning to taste.
- Crack eggs in a clean bowl, and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the eggs into the pan with the sauce. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until the egg is cooked.
- Serve the sauce with the yams.