Cookbook:White Bean Soup with Basil, Rosemary, and Garlic Croutons
|White Bean Soup with Basil, Rosemary, and Garlic Croutons|
White Bean Soup with Basil, Rosemary, and Garlic CroutonsEdit
- 2 16-ounce cans white beans, such as cannellini, drained
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara pasta sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Purée ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a large saucepan or Dutch Oven, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer, partially covered and stirring frequently, to blend flavors, 4 or 5 minutes.
- Serve, garnished with croutons.
Tips, Notes, and VariationsEdit
- Garnish: Quick Garlic Croutons