Cookbook:Vietnamese Caramel Sauce (Nước Maøu)
|Vietnamese Caramel Sauce (Nước Maøu)
Vietnamese caramel sauce/syrup is a common ingredient in clay pot recipes.
- Combine sugar and the ¼ cup water/fish sauce in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Swirl the pan frequently to avoid burning. When the sugar turns light brown, remove from the heat.
- Stir in the 1 cup of water/fish sauce. Guard against splattering.
- Let cool a little and return the sauce to the stove. Cook on low heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Let the sauce cool and store in a jar in the refrigerator for future use.