Vegan Pate Recipe
Vegetarian Pate is a hearty, heart-healthy recipe that can be used as a dip or spread. Sweet peas are a good source of protein and Vitamin A, while the walnuts are jammed with omega-3 essential fatty acids which help reduce risk of cardiovascular disease.
Total cooking time: 8 minutes.
Equipment: This recipe will require a pot, and either a hand-held blender or food processor.
- 1 can sweet peas
- 1 medium onion
- 1/8 teaspoon (a pinch) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (a pinch) black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon (a pinch) cumin
- ¾ cup walnuts
- Sauté 1 medium onion with walnuts in a pot for about 5 minutes.
- In a different bowl, combine sweet peas, salt, black pepper and cumin together and mix the ingredients well.
- Then, add the sweet pea mixture to the onion and walnuts and continue sautéing for about 3 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let cool. Puree with a hand-held blender or in food processor until you achieve a creamy, though slightly nutty texture similar to that of pate or dip.
- Serve with crackers, bread, baby carrots and other snack type vegetables.