|This Cookbook page needs work. Please . See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.
The following reason was given: Needs quantities
- Pound pork with meat mallet until thin, perhaps ¼ inch (a little more than 0.5cm). To reduce splatter you should put the meat in a open Zip-loc bag.
- Put eggs, flour, and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- Place pork in the flour, then egg, then crumbs (in that order) so that it is completely coated with each.
- Heat oil in a frying pan (about a half-inch (1.25cm) deep), drop in crumbs to test when ready.
- Fry pork until deep golden or golden brown, most likely a for a few minutes on either side.
- With a sharp knife cut pork into strips.
Serve with Japanese short grain rice.
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar, Worcestershire, and ketchup. Beat with fork until consistent.
- If desired, chill sauce for a half hour to thicken.
- Serve as a dipping sauce or dribbled over the meal.