- Peel and chop taro into 1 inch chunks and steam until soft.
- Meanwhile soak black beans in a little water.
- Mash taro with the vegetable stock powder.
- Place two sheets of nori on the bench, moistening one to join them together.
- Place the mashed taro mixture in the centre of the sheets and roll the nori sheets over the top.
- Cut the nori at one end to resemble fish fins.
- Slice green pepper, ginger and spring onions into thin strips and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the Shaoxing and black beans.
- Make cuts halfway through the taro fish at about 1 inch intervals and pour the sauce over it.
- Serve on a platter.