- Soak the tapioca pearls soaking in the cold milk for several hours to overnight.
- Bring the milk, hydrated tapioca, and sugar to very slow boil. Stir constantly for 20 minutes or until pearls are uniformly translucent.
- Whip the egg whites until fluffy.
- Whip the egg yolks until pale, then mix them into the pudding. Cook for another minute, vigorously stirring.
- Remove pudding from heat. Mix in salt, then thoroughly fold in whipped egg whites and vanilla.
- Serve hot or chilled, by itself, or as a topping.
Notes, tips, and variations
- Try adding any fruit, compote or flavoring.