- Heat water until boiling, add cornstarch, salt, vinegar, chili powder, garlic, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir until water boils again, add rest of ingredients.
- Keep stirring until water boils again and the paste breaks up completely.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20–30 minutes uncovered.
- For short-term storage, refrigerate for no more than 3 days.
- To store this for longer than 3 days or to store without a refrigerator, follow these instructions:
- Pour into 4-ounce mason jars leaving ¼ inch headspace.
- Process 20 minutes in a boiling water canner.