Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cuisine of the United Kingdom | Omelet Recipes
Eggs eaten in sweet style.
- 2 eggs
- Jam of choice
- Icing sugar or castor sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Crack the eggs and separate the egg yolk from the egg whites. Place the egg whites into the bowl, and whip the egg whites with a whisk until soft and fluffy.
- Briefly whisk the egg yolks, then gently fold them into the whipped whites.
- Pour into a frying pan over low heat, and cook slowly on the stove until the bottom is golden brown.
- Place the frying pan into the oven after taking it off the stove, and bake until it is golden brown on the top.
- Pull out of the oven and unmold onto a plate.
- Pour and spread the jam gently over the omelette. Sift some icing sugar over the top of it.