Cookbook:Strip Steaks with Pepper Cream Reduction
|Strip Steaks with Pepper Cream Reduction|
This dish of strip steaks is great on a steak or over pasta.
- Season each steak with salt and a pinch of cracked pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a stainless steel skillet (don't use nonstick) over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks and cook 4–5 minutes per side for medium rare, 6–7 minutes for medium, and 8–9 minutes for toast.
- Remove steaks from pan and keep warm.
- Pour out pan drippings but do not scrape browned bits off. Deglaze pan with broth and bring to a boil over high heat until reduced by ⅔.
- Add remaining ingredients and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to ½ cup.
- Drizzle sauce over steaks and serve warm.