Cookbook:Stovetop Mac n' Cheese
|Stovetop Mac n' Cheese
This macaroni and cheese recipe will take you back to your childhood. The sauce blends Fontina, Gruyere, Cheddar, and Monterrey Jack with egg yolk in for richness. It's sort of a secret weapon.
- Heat 1 gallon water to a rolling boil. Add salt and macaroni, and cook macaroni until al dente.
- While pasta boils, melt butter in a saucepan or a saucier over medium low heat, and cook until bubbling ceases.
- Whisk in flour and cook, whisking continuously, until blonde color is achieved.
- Temper in egg yolk. Add cheese and bring to just below a simmer. Cook, whisking continuously, until slightly thickened.
- Fold in macaroni and serve warm.