- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the garlic, and fry for about 10 seconds until golden brown.
- Add the fishball and shrimp. Stir fry until the shrimp and fishball just begin to change color.
- Add the cabbage and scallion, and stir fry at least until all ingredients are hot.
- Add the noodles, and stir fry until all ingredients are hot.
- Add the bean sprouts, light soy sauce, salt, sugar and pepper. Mix well and stir fry (perhaps on reduced heat) until all ingredients are hot, taking care to not cook so long as to overly wilt the bean sprouts.
- Serve immediately with fried onion.