Cookbook:Steak, Bacon, and Gruyere Paninis
This panini is the ultimate sandwich with grilled sliced ribeye, smoky and salty bacon, and creamy, nutty, Gruyere cheese.
- Brush steaks with extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium high heat, turning often, until your desired "doneness" is achieved (145 degrees for medium rare, 155 for medium well, and 165 for toast).
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain on a bias. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of bread with extra-virgin olive oil. Layer some shredded cheese on the bottom, then 4 strips steak, then some bacon, some more cheese, then one more slice bread. Repeat until all meat is used up.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat 4-5 minutes. Add sandwiches and cook until browned on both sides and cheese is melted. Serve warm.