Cookbook:Spicy Mexican Omelet
|Spicy Mexican Omelet
Here's a tip for making good omelets: Cook the things that you want cooked before you add it into the eggs, and have everything at room temperature.
- Cover whole eggs with warm but not scalding water. Let sit 5 minutes or until room temperature.
- Beat eggs with salt. Set aside.
- Combine chiles, salsa, cilantro, and cheese. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Quickly swirl with butter and crack in the eggs. Cook until egg is set and well browned on side facing pan.
- Sprinkle salsa mixture evenly on uncooked side of egg. Fold in half and cook raw side until set and well browned.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve warm.