Cookbook:Spicy Chicken Stew
Tired of the same old stews? This will have your taste buds jumping right off your tongue!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 5 Thai chiles, stemmed
- 3 tbs fish sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- Chopped parsley
- Dredge chicken in flour. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a 6-quart cast iron Dutch oven. Add 6 chicken pieces and cook until browned on all sides. Repeat until all chicken has been browned.
- Sauté onion in remaining oil until translucent and slightly browned around edges. Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients except for parsley, chicken, and onion to pot. Cover tightly and place in 250 degree F oven 4 1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Sprinkle individual serving bowls with chopped parsley and serve warm.