Cookbook:Spicy Chicken Stew
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Tired of the same old stews? This spicy chicken stew will have your taste buds jumping right off your tongue!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- 5 Thai chiles, stemmed
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Chopped parsley
- Dredge chicken in flour. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a 6-quart cast-iron Dutch oven. Add 6 chicken pieces and cook until browned on all sides. Repeat until all chicken has been browned, then remove from pot.
- Sauté onion in remaining oil until translucent and slightly browned around edges. Mix in the curry paste, chiles, fish sauce, broth, tomato paste, potatoes, and garlic.
- Return the chicken to the pot. Cover tightly and place in 250°F oven for 4 ½ hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Sprinkle individual serving bowls with chopped parsley and serve warm.