One recipe for the production of snickerdoodle cookies is as follows.
- Preheat oven to 205°C (400°F or Gas Mark 6).
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, sugar, shortening, and butter.
- Roll into 1 tbsp balls.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and light brown.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon while hot.
Notes, tips, variationsEdit
- Other recipes add honey to the dough, which helps to keep the cookies from becoming too crisp.