Cookbook:Snickerdoodles (Idaho Daily Statesman)
|Snickerdoodles (Idaho Daily Statesman)|
From the Idaho Daily Statesman (Boise, Idaho), October 20, 1901, pg. 11. "Snickerdoodles" is the somewhat fantastic name of quickly made little cakes especially dear to the children's heart. A recipe for them copied from an old scrapbook [follows].
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Stir together sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs.
- Dissolve baking soda in milk, then add.
- Add flour, cream of tartar and salt.
- Beat the batter thoroughly.
- Pour in shallow pans.
- Dust the top of the cake with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake fifteen minutes.
- Cut in squares.