Cookbook:Smoked Garlic Chicken
- 4 whole chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns, cracked
- Forearm-sized mesquite wood chunks
- Yellow mustard
- Combine seasonings. Set aside.
- Brush chicken with mustard. This will help make a crust. Press seasoning mixture into both sides of meat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat smoker to 225°F with mesquite. Add chicken pieces and insert a probe thermometer into one of them. Cook, adding wood as needed, until internal temperature reaches 170°F.
- Move to a very. very high grill and cook until charred and marked. Flip and repeat.
- Serve immediately with desired side dishes.