Cookbook:Six Layer Casserole
|Six Layer Casserole
|2 hours 20 minutes
Six layer casserole is a great recipe for when friends are visiting. The preparation can all be done hours in advance.
- Spread layers of raw vegetables and rice in a 9x9-inch baking dish in the order mentioned above and crumble raw hamburger on the top.
- Mix the soup and water and pour over all.
- Add salt and pepper on top.
- Bake about 1.5–2 hours at 350°F.
Notes, tips, and variations edit
- After dishing some of the casserole to your plate, spread ketchup over the top. It may sound odd but it tastes great.
- If you double the recipe, use a tall 9x13-inch baking dish and bake it a little longer.