Cookbook:Seafood Cocktail Sauce
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
|Seafood Cocktail Sauce|
|It's the red colored sauce at the top of the image.|
Cocktail sauce, sometimes also called seafood sauce, is typically a tomato-based sauce served with seafood.
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup Heinz Chili Sauce (optional, and can be substituted with ketchup)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ~¼ tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch coarsely ground black pepper
- 2–3 Tbsp prepared grated horseradish
- Combine all ingredients except horseradish.
- Taste and adjust flavors to your liking. Some recipes call for the addition of celery salt or garlic juice.
- Add a tablespoon at a time to get it to the taste you prefer. If your grated horseradish is fresh (a fresh bottle from the store), the recipe amount may be too much for your liking; if it is older, the recipe amount may not be enough.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Place cold sauce into serving dish. Serve with seafood.