Cookbook:Rosemary Garlic Fish
This is the Catsoulis family recipe from the Greek island of Kythera.
- Toss fillets in seasoned flour until coated.
- Heat oil in a pan, and add garlic and rosemary leaves. Cook slightly, then add the fish.
- When the fish is cooked, remove from pan and drain off excess oil.
- There should be enough flour in the pan (fallen from the fish) to make the sauce. If there isn’t, add a tablespoon of flour to the pan juices and brown. Add vinegar (and stand back!). Add a little water and stir to make gravy.
- Spoon gravy over fish and serve with a Greek salad.