Cookbook:Roast Beef Round with Au Jus
|Roast Beef Round with Au Jus|
Slow roasting makes normally tough eye of round tender.
- Coat roast with olive oil on all sides. Combine remaining ingredients and rub into all sides of roast.
- Insert a probe thermometer into the center of the roast. Place on a roasting rack in a large (not nonstick) roasting pan and roast at 200°F until the internal temperature reaches 120°F.
- Remove roast from pan and heat pan over high heat while oven heats to 500°F.
- Add roast to pan and place pan back in oven. Cook until internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium-rare.
- Remove roast from pan and keep warm.
- Skim fat from pan juices and reserve 1–2 tbsp, depending on how much jus you get. Remove remaining drippings from pan and reserve.
- Whisk in flour and heat on 2 burners set on medium high heat. Cook, whisking continuously, until mixture turns light blond.
- Add reserved drippings and wine to pan and deglaze. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by ⅓.
- Serve beef warm with au jus.