- Sauté onions with olive oil until translucent
- Add pumpkin and broth; mix well.
- Add all spices and simmer for at least 15 minutes; remove bay leaf.
- Let soup cool to lukewarm temperature and puree in a blender for smooth texture.
- Return to saucepan and add milk. Reheat on lower temperature to serve immediately or forgo reheating and store in a suitable airtight container
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- You can try adding twice the amount of curry powder and a little coriander.
- This soup is fairly thick; consider adding more chicken broth if you like a thinner soup. You can also find versions without the milk added. And, of course, vegetable broth works just as well.
- Cooling the soup well before blending improves safety, and it also prevents the plastic blender from absorbing the orange color of the pumpkin.