Cookbook:Polvorones (Spanish Shortbread)
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Spanish cuisine
Polvorones are a type of Spanish shortbread quite popular in Latin America.
- 1 cup of margarine
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ½ tsp of salt
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Mix the margarine and the sugar in a mixing bowl until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, salt, and eggs.
- While mixing the ingredients, add the flour and stir until it becomes hard to stir the mix.
- Make small balls and place on a flat baking pan without grease.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
- Let cool.