|Time||30 min prep (incl. cleanup), 1 hour baking time|
A basic and quickly-prepared recipe for pineapple bread with coconut flakes. Can be served as a side dish or dessert.
Volumetric[note 1] Grams 2/3 cups white sugar 150 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened 115 1 small, ripe banana 75 2 slices of fresh pineapple (ca. 2 cm thick per slice) 300 2 eggs 100 2 cups all-purpose flour 250 1/3 cup milk (3.8% fat recommended) 80 1/2 tsp. baking powder 2.5 1/2 tsp. salt 3 1 1/2 tsp. coconut flakes 11.25 Formula 1086.75
- Add the banana to a medium bowl and mash it with a fork. Cut the pineapple into small pieces and put them in the same bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, add every dry ingredient but the coconut flakes and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Put the butter, eggs, milk and fruits into the second bowl and beat well. As the actual water content of fruits can vary, add an additional tablespoon or two of flour if the mixture appears too wet.
- Lightly grease or line an 8 in x 4 in (20 cm x 10 cm) loaf pan.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Add a thin layer of coconut flakes.
- Bake on middle shelf of oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Makes one loaf.
- Weight conversions from USDA National Nutrient Database. Original recipe text and ingredient order preserved. Banana size range is extra small to extra large. Large egg size presumed.