Cookbook:Pezzetti di Cavallo (Italian Horse and Tomato)
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Pezzetti di cavallo (pieces of horse) is a dish from Italy.
- 1 kg horse meat
- 1 L tomato sauce
- Onions, chopped
- Olive oil (extra virgin)
- Chilli peppers
- 2 leaves laurel
- Cut the horse meat in cubes, and fry it in a pan with some onion until it turns brown.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add carrots, parsley, celery, laurel, and chilli peppers to taste.
- Cook on low heat (preferably in a clay pot).
- Skim the foam on the top and let simmer for four hours.
- Serve with home-made bread.