Cookbook:Pan-Seared Duck Breast with Cabernet Reduction
|Pan-Seared Duck Breast with Cabernet Reduction
They serve this dish all the time in French bistros. By the way, save the fat. Cook your eggs in it in the morning, and they will be amazing!
- Score skin of duck in a diamond pattern and season liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add duck breasts, skin side down, and cook 10 minutes. Flip and cook 3 minutes.
- Move pan to a 400°F oven and cook 12 minutes. Remove duck from pan and keep warm.
- Pour off extra fat. Place 1 Tbsp back into pan and add shallot and garlic. Sauté over medium high heat until garlic is golden.
- Add wine off of the heat and carefully ignite with a long match or firestick. Shake pan until flames die (might wanna have a fire extinguisher).
- Boil over medium high heat until reduced by half. Drizzle over duck and serve warm.