- Heat oil in a large saucepan over very low heat. Add garlic cloves and cook 45 minutes.
- Strain and reserve oil. Discard garlic.
- Brush both sides of chicken with garlic oil. Sprinkle both sides of chicken liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Coat a 10-inch cast iron skillet with garlic oil. Heat over high heat and add chicken breast. Cook until browned and slightly charred on both sides.
- Insert a probe thermometer into one of the chicken breasts. Place the pan in the middle of a 375˚F oven, and cook until internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest 7 minutes before serving.